As honesty and integrity form an integral part of our values, particular attention has been paid to addressing the issues of organisational accountability, transparency and individual responsibility. In January 2004, we announced the introduction of a confidential reporting (or "whistle-blowing") procedure to enable all stakeholders to report confidentially and anonymously on dishonest behaviour.
From its inception, the service was under the custodianship of the Group Internal Audit Manager, who is independent of the conventional AngloGold Ashanti hierarchy.
However, in order to make the process more user-friendly and accessible and to enhance the system's confidentiality, a decision was taken to introduce an external party into the confidential reporting mechanism.
Tip-offs Anonymous, an initiative of Deloitte & Touche, is a respected internal risk consulting and security management initiative and administers the service.
What is Tip-offs Anonymous?
- An independent hotline service provider where all AngloGold Ashanti stakeholders are able to report confidentially and anonymously on unethical behaviour and breaches in the Company's values and business principles.
- Employs experienced, multilingual and appropriately trained contact centre agents.
- Easily accessible via telephone, fax, e-mail, website and post.
Before making a report, gather as much relevant information as possible. The following guidelines are intended to assist you:
- Region and business unit
- Department involved
- Names or titles of people involved
- Names of outside parties
- Dates/periods of alleged events
- Evidence that may exist
- Amounts, if money involved
- Nature of assets
- Danger posed
Click here for a diagram which lays out the procedure involved in making a report, and includes regional contact details.
Please note that when using the e-mail address below to report, your e-mail address will be visible to Tip-Offs Anonymous. Individuals can request Tip-Offs Anonymous not to disclose this information to AngloGold Ashanti.
TRUST US, TALK TO US
24 HOURS A DAY, 365 DAYS A YEAR